Staff Accountant

Location US-TX-Lewisville
Posted Date 1 week ago(3/14/2018 10:03 AM)
Job ID


The Staff Accountant I will be responsible for the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions to ensure that monthly financial statements are properly recorded.  To prepare period-end journal entries and perform analytical review procedures during the monthly close and the reconciliation of the various balance sheet accounts thereafter.  Approximately 30% of the month is devoted to journal entries and close procedures with the remaining 70% devoted to account reconciliations.


  • Prepare and post a high volume of journal entries for multiple clients during a compressed monthly close (medium level of complexity as determined by materiality or higher risk accounts)
  • Prepare a high volume of balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple clients (medium level of complexity as determined by materiality or higher risk accounts)
  • Ensure compliance with internal controls
  • Make suggestions for process improvement projects
  • Document processes and procedures
  • Monitor Group Email boxes and provide timely responses


  • 4 year college degree required with an emphasis in Accounting preferred
  • 1-3 years of accounting experience preferred
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills
  • Ability to work with numerous “clients”(Business Units, etc.)
  • Detailed and customer service oriented
  • Deadline oriented and willingness to work additional hours to meet those deadlines
  • Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
  • Sound knowledge of U.S. GAAP
  • Intermediate Excel skills
  • Well-developed Microsoft Office Suite and PeopleSoft skills with Access skills desirable

Apply for this job

Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed