The tronc content/events studio is seeking a best-in-class account executive to support our
Florida markets (Orlando Sentinel and Sun Sentinel). This person will work with local market
sales reps to educate and strategize for content/events deals. This person will help develop and
foster business relationships, work with market colleagues on content strategy and product,
and then ultimately help to close business. This person will have revenue targets. Networking
at the key senior decision-makers to begin conversations around content marketing will be
crucial to success. Position can be in Orlando or South Florida area.
About Studio 1847
A best-in-class, publisher-owned-and-operated branded content and event agency. The Studio
serves as the brand marketing division of tronc and partners with brands to engage consumers
in new, innovative and experiential ways. Studio 1847’s team comprises former journalists,
cutting-edge designers, video gurus, experienced producers and event-marketing experts who
conceive and create articles, videos, infographics, interactive websites, blog posts, signature
events, and more. From content to contact, Studio 1847 brings branded work to life. It takes
stories online, offline and to the epicenter of engagement — and uses a collaborative strategy
to reach the audience of readers, consumers, viewers, shoppers and more wherever they want
to be found. Studio 1847 is a Pearl Award winner and Digiday finalist.
• Understand and embrace studio values and quality standards and ensure that all business
practices are consistent with these values and standards.
• Work with necessary sales reps to develop business strategies, seek out new clients and
identify growth verticals and opportunities for content and events.
• Work with the creative/strategy studio team to create integrated content programs aimed
at delivering results for clients.
• Oversee client relationship, helping to coordinate among market sales support with/aligned
to studio strategists and project managers.
• Articulate results to clients with content/events team.
• Travel between Orlando and South Florida markets as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years account or media sales experience with focus on consultative transactions
• Deep knowledge of the content marketing and overall digital advertising landscape
• Track record of exceeding revenue goals
• Ability to communicate and connect with senior executives
• Hustle, drive and a start-up mentality
• Ability and willingness to collaborate
• Agency experience a plus