The Sr. Dir., Consumer & Integrated Marketing is responsible for coordinating consumer marketing execution throughout the tronc portfolio of brands, which includes the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune and New York Daily News. This role will coordinate efforts among a team of marketers, ensuring resources are provided for high-importance projects and the group’s day-to-day work is handled efficiently and effectively.
The role will oversee the implementation for consumer marketing across tronc’s news brands, events and experiential activations, and digital marketing – working in close partnership with the VP, Brand and Consumer Marketing to ensure the team is delivering measurable value back to the organization as a result of its efforts.
The Sr. Dir. will be responsible for setting the group’s priorities in collaboration with the leaders of various business units and departments, responsible for coordinating resources to staff and organize appropriately to meet the organization’s needs, and manage tradeoffs among stakeholders to deliver productive outcomes when priorities shift.
- Lead a team of 9 group-wide marketers, with 3 direct reports
- Coordinate priorities and departmental commitments across lines of business; develop and enforce marketing best practices throughout the organization; provide structure for effective and efficient marketing support
- Manage demand for resourcing and help manage workflow across multiple deliverables and priorities
- Maintain focus on high-priority work through commitment to reporting on revenue impact and measurable outcomes of marketing efforts
- Approve and ensure high quality standards in the development of marketing plans, media strategies, and creative briefs
- Review creative output to ensure key elements required in creative briefs are clearly executed
- Problem solve to deliver high-performing outputs and manage issues in the implementation of marketing plans
- Reports out on holistic impact of marketing activities (e.g. results to goals; results by channels; results by type of activity, etc.) to help improve the reputation of marketing as a performance-driven organization
- BA/BS in marketing, advertising, business, communications, journalism or related field
- 7-10+ years in roles leading marketing teams and/or coordinating project
- Agency or Accounts Management experience highly desirable
- Digital marketing experience and understanding of consumer marketing activation (media planning, brief development, media buying, etc.)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong organizational mindset
- Strong project management skills; able to coordinate complex project needs and make appropriate tradeoffs is an essential skill
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate for outcomes and set expectations within a business setting
- Knowledge of Workfront, or other project management systems a plus
- Comfortable with general web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture/Site Catalyst, etc)
- Experience in reporting and presenting to senior executives
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to travel as required