In this role, you will use your marketing and project management experience to assist the Direct Response Director charged with developing and implementing multiple direct response campaigns and projects customized for specific markets and circulation strategies. You will work with printers, direct mail houses and production to implement the projects. You will act as a point of contact for partners (external and internal), vendors and Circulation Directors. Lastly, you will assist the Director in applying your experience in strategic thinking to effectively grow the team’s creative development from inception and development phase through the completion of the project to drive circulation volume & revenue through sales and retention.
- Develop, manage and administer home delivery direct response sales channels with a budget of over $750,000. Position responsible for growing audience and retaining customers to achieve home delivery circulation volume goals for all home delivered products.
- Develop and implement an annual single copy sales acquisition insert and promotion plan, with a budget of over $100,000, including the regular evaluation and reporting of results.
- Develop ad hoc strategies leveraging products, pricing and packaging to deliver audience and maximum consumer revenue.
- Oversee sample programs, coordinating mail lists, direct mail development and mailing.
- Oversee e-mail communication campaigns for assigned properties.
- Interface regularly with senior Circulation management to understand the objectives and processes to effectively organize direct response sales programs, campaigns, projects and communications.
- Communicate project/program/campaign status, results and business impact to Circulation Directors.
- Leverage internal and external team resources for timely and effective delivery of direct response programs, campaigns and projects.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships both internally with various departments and vendors to facilitate the accomplishment of the programs, campaigns or project plans.
- Ensure programs, campaigns and projects meet deadlines and budget requirements.
- Participate in revenue planning and implementation of strategies to achieve revenue goals.
- Govern and direct department compliance for AAM Guidelines, state tax and Attorney General.
- Developed knowledge of the fundamentals of marketing, printing and basic retention concepts.
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate independent decision making on a daily basis; ability to confidently and diplomatically question the “status quo.”
- Able to effectively deal with demanding personalities and resolve time-sensitive issues.
- Ability to effectively lead projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects and budget time productively.
- Proven track record of learning and adapting to new technology and industry trends.
- Thrive on providing legendary customer service in a deadline driven environment.
- Ingenuity, creative vision and developed visual design skills.
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced, multi-tasking team environment and maintain a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Marketing or Business preferred..
- Must have minimum of 5 years experience in marketing/direct mail or printing, preferably business to business.
- Previous project management experience is a must.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess exceptional skills in the areas of negotiation, sales development and time management.
- Proficient in computer based tools, Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook