Serve as a key member of the Events Team providing overall structure and implementation for all Sun Sentinel event initiatives. This position will plan, execute, and implement components from conceptualization of events, sponsorships, and advertiser promotions to on-site set up and activations and teardown. Working in a team environment the producer will work with all team members and multiple business units on all events, sponsorships, and promotions which help support and extend the Tribune brands, revenue, readership, and overall company initiatives.
- Manage projects (50 -75 annually) from concept through logistical execution including the timely delivery of all deadlines and materials ensuring fiscally responsible development and execution, with appropriate accountability and oversight on all projects.
- Negotiate all aspects of contractual agreements for partnerships and outside vendor relationships in order to achieve the greatest benefits for our brands and our clients.
- Research new and existing clients for partnership and/or sponsorship prospects that our brands and clients would benefit from across all events.
- Internal contact between departments for annual event scheduling, marketing plan, and budgeting.
- Create and update various department reports, keep track of event results, budgets, staffing, volunteers, and internal recaps.
- Create and present new event concepts to increase revenue.
- Maintain onsite vendor relations to enhance consumer experience.
- Responsibilities include implementing components of sponsorship pre, post and during the duration of events; physically setting up & tearing down event site or activation, manage proper engagement throughout event marketing and promotions to drive relationship and ensure future opportunities.
- Attending events to evaluate the on-site components of sponsorships.
- Manage onsite staff ranging from 2-20 people at events.
- Transporting materials for use at events, such as premiums and sales materials, either using personal vehicle or rental truck.
- Role of "Brand Ambassador" for the brand at events; includes talking with sponsors, event producers and general public. Occasional needs to act as host and speak in front of crowd.
- Ability to organization, multi-task and maintain professional customer service skills.
- Requires knowledge of promotional marketing strategies and tactics including, events, promotions and contests and sweepstakes legal parameters including skills in rule writing and prize fulfillment.
- 1-2 years undergraduate liberal arts, journalism or marketing degree or equivalent related event/production experience.
- Minimum 1 years event production and operations experience required.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and maintain professional customer service skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be key decision maker both onsite and in a business setting.
- Travel occasionally required up to 20%
- Producers must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be able to work any shift, early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.