The New Business Account Manager will drive sponsorship sales to grow market share and incremental revenue for tronc. This role supports the sales & business development initiatives of the events division. Primarily responsible for development of new sponsorship revenue from decision makers outside of the Advertising discipline. Working in a team environment with event managers, sponsorship director, creative and production staff, this position will lead sponsorship strategy and new business development. This individual will work closely with Sponsorship Director, Production and Marketing teams to compile information & support sales through customized proposal generation including ideation, collecting and formulating research information, and building compelling presentations outlining all promotional elements and opportunities available within each event.
- Identifies opportunities for incremental revenue generation, presents creative solutions to customers and closes business to achieve sales goals.
- Focus on new business development with high level sponsorship and custom event activations
- Generate sponsorship and experiential marketing dollars regionally and nationally
- Collaborate with production and marketing teams to create compelling sponsorship proposals
- Identify sponsorship candidates and contacts for all tronc event opportunities
- Penetrate new budgets and reach new decision makers with unique customer solutions through events and promotional resources
- Conduct extensive customer needs analysis and develop customer focused solutions
- Creative proposal development
- Facilitate fulfillment (delivery), tracking and billing of campaigns to ensure that deliverables meet client expectations
- On-site sponsorship management within each event
- Client outreach to identify appropriate contacts and facilitate communication
- Outreach plan and ongoing pressure against national event sales goals
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent event experience
- 5+ years experience of success in Sponsorships & Event sales
- Solid understanding of Events and/or Advertising industry essential
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Must be effective at multi-tasking and have exceptional time-management skills
- Must be comfortable interacting with large clients in person and over the phone
- Must have a positive attitude and be driven to optimize results for clients
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours to facilitate on-site activation of sponsorships
- Ability to become proficient in new technologies to efficiently manage business processes.
- Successful relationship-building skills.
- Self-starter, possess high energy, solid creative and analytical skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Goal-oriented with ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (e.g. customers, sponsors and key trends).
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Requires ability to travel for business calls and event