The Team Lead, Sales will oversee a team of inside sales representatives and provide effective day-to-day guidance, training and direction in order to exceed set sales goals and ensure optimal customer satisfaction. She/he will work to balance sales revenue growth, relationship building, team management, and department process improvement. The Team Lead, Sales will also work to influence and mentor peers to drive change in the department and throughout the company. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique skills that each person brings to the company. We believe in fostering growth, learning new skills, and making sure every team member feels valued. If you think you'd be a great fit here, we'd love for you to apply!
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals
- Develop sales forecast to project revenues and product sales
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs and price schedules
- Attend market visits as needed to expand customer base and build relationships with current customers
- Meets with key clients, maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Prepares sales report showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Monitors and evaluates competitor activities and products
- Handle customer complaints
- Assist inside sales with orders, pricing for quotes, and escalated customer issues
- Identify customer needs and assist in the development of new products that meet those specific needs
- Identify, assign and follow-up on sales activities of team members in order to ensure objectives are met
- Supports direct reports in all aspects of their work, including developmental action planning.
- Individually performance manage and develop team
- Maintain the team work schedule so there is always ample support coverage and approve timecards
- Handle additional responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of Sales, Sales Management experience required
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Proven familiarity with a B to B sales required
- Strong problem resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop relationships with new and current customers
- Proven ability to coach in a group setting to improve employee performance on market knowledge, sales tools and call performance
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher
- Available to work at events or attend functions outside of normal Monday- Friday working hours as needed
- Travel based on business needs on average 10% a year
- Valid driver’s license for travel purposes
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in nine markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 94 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.